- FAO Enhancing Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods20/04/2015
- FAO Senior Economist explains the situation in Yemen and why assistance is needed15/04/2015
- Lebanon transboundary animal diseases08/04/2015
- Uniting Nations, People and Action for Resilience02/04/2015
- Remarks of H.E. Anthèlme Ramparany, Madagascar's Minister for Livestock25/03/2015
Haiti: Seeds of a Renaissance
Before the earthquake struck on January 12th 2010, farmers in Haiti had good reason to be optimistic. A 10.2 million dollar scheme, implemented by FAO and the Government of Haiti, and financed by IFAD, was coming to a successful end. Diversified activities across the country had boosted food production and increased farmers incomes across the country.
But now, support for the project is needed more than ever. An exodus of vulnerable people from the capital to rural areas is putting more pressure on family food baskets, and a food crisis is looming.