- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- The United States backs FAO efforts to combat global animal disease threats with $87 million21/10/2015
- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
Pakistan Floods 2010 - One Year On
The 2010 floods in Pakistan were one of the most devastating natural disasters of our times - a slow motion tsunami - affecting more than 20 million people and claiming nearly 2 000 lives. FAO with its partners reached over 10 million people across Pakistan prioritising winter and spring planting, livestock support, irrigation repair and coordination of the agriculture sector.