- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
- Food security in North Korea is expected to deteriorate27/04/2016
- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
Pakistan Floods 2010 - One Year On
The 2010 floods in Pakistan were one of the most devastating natural disasters of our times - a slow motion tsunami - affecting more than 20 million people and claiming nearly 2 000 lives. FAO with its partners reached over 10 million people across Pakistan prioritising winter and spring planting, livestock support, irrigation repair and coordination of the agriculture sector.