- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
Pakistan Floods 2010 - One Year On
The 2010 floods in Pakistan were one of the most devastating natural disasters of our times - a slow motion tsunami - affecting more than 20 million people and claiming nearly 2 000 lives. FAO with its partners reached over 10 million people across Pakistan prioritising winter and spring planting, livestock support, irrigation repair and coordination of the agriculture sector.