- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
Kenya's Maasai remember rinderpest
Maasai elders in Kenya are among those who have seen, first-hand, the devastation caused by rinderpest, or cattle plague. For millennia, the virus was a threat to animal health and human livelihoods, until the success of an FAO-led programme to eradicate the disease from all but a few laboratory settings worldwide.