- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
Combating Cassava Mosaic - 2007
An aggressive plant disease wiped out much of the cassava crop in the Great Lakes region of Africa, where cassava is a major source of food. In Burundi, farmers now have access to a disease-tolerant variety, thanks to regional cooperation and an EC-funded FAO project.