- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
Combating Cassava Mosaic - 2007
An aggressive plant disease wiped out much of the cassava crop in the Great Lakes region of Africa, where cassava is a major source of food. In Burundi, farmers now have access to a disease-tolerant variety, thanks to regional cooperation and an EC-funded FAO project.