- FAO Senior Economist explains the situation in Yemen and why assistance is needed15/04/2015
- Lebanon transboundary animal diseases08/04/2015
- Uniting Nations, People and Action for Resilience02/04/2015
- FAO Strategic Objective 527/03/2015
- Remarks of H.E. Anthèlme Ramparany, Madagascar's Minister for Livestock25/03/2015
High Food Prices: Haiti on the Brink - 2008
In Haiti, "eating bleach" means the hunger pains brought on by high food prices. FAO is supporting national initiatives, such as urban farming, to boost local production and limit Haiti's reliance on pricey imported foods.