- FAO Senior Economist explains the situation in Yemen and why assistance is needed15/04/2015
- Lebanon transboundary animal diseases08/04/2015
- Uniting Nations, People and Action for Resilience02/04/2015
- FAO Strategic Objective 527/03/2015
- Remarks of H.E. Anthèlme Ramparany, Madagascar's Minister for Livestock25/03/2015
FAO vaccinates 14 million animals across Somalia
The UN's Food and Agriculture Organization has vaccinated nearly 14 million animals in the last one year, in a move to protect Somali livestock, the largest livelihood activity.
FAO's livestock interventions also include helping farmers to boost fodder production, providing animal emergency treatment and strengthening animal disease surveillance.