- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- The United States backs FAO efforts to combat global animal disease threats with $87 million21/10/2015
- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
Madagascar battles worst locust plague in 60 years
Madagascar's worst locust plague in 60 years has infested about half of the island, destroying crops and raising concerns over food shortages. Malagasy authorities say they don't have the resources to deal with this natural disaster and are calling on donors to pay for large-scale spraying to fight the plague.