- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-24 May, 201620/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
Cassava Revival in Northern Uganda
Although cassava is an important food security crop, it has been threatened first by the outbreak of Cassava Mosaic Diseases (CMD) and lately Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD). With funding support from the European Union (EU), European Commission (EC) and ECHO, FAO has implemented projects in Uganda that have aimed at first, mitigating the spread of the disease by multiplying and distributing disease free varieties and secondly by coordinating all efforts in the country and region.