- New drought risks in Ethiopia put recovery at stake17/01/2017
- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
- FAO in Emergencies 2016 Year in Review21/12/2016
- Horn of Africa braces for another hunger season20/12/2016
Locust plague threatens to trigger severe food crisis in Madagascar (in FRENCH)
Locusts have already infested over half of the island nation’s cultivated land and livestock pastures. Some 13 million people’s food security and livelihoods are at stake, or nearly 60 percent of the Madagascar’s total population. Nine million of those people are directly dependent on agriculture for food and income.
Reportage provided to FAO by Agence France Presse.