- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-24 May, 201620/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
Locust plague threatens to trigger severe food crisis in Madagascar (in FRENCH)
Locusts have already infested over half of the island nation’s cultivated land and livestock pastures. Some 13 million people’s food security and livelihoods are at stake, or nearly 60 percent of the Madagascar’s total population. Nine million of those people are directly dependent on agriculture for food and income.
Reportage provided to FAO by Agence France Presse.