- Food Security Situation in northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen28/04/2017
- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
Locust plague threatens to trigger severe food crisis in Madagascar (in FRENCH)
Locusts have already infested over half of the island nation’s cultivated land and livestock pastures. Some 13 million people’s food security and livelihoods are at stake, or nearly 60 percent of the Madagascar’s total population. Nine million of those people are directly dependent on agriculture for food and income.
Reportage provided to FAO by Agence France Presse.