- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
- Increasing the resilience of pastoralist communities affected by drought in southern Angola11/06/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan – Rehabilitating the fisheries sector10/06/2015
FAO Emergency consultation - Avian influenza H7N9
In April 2013, some of the world's top scientists gathered at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) for an emergency consultation on the new avian influenza threat called H7N9.
Animal and public health specialists teamed up with virologists, disease control managers, anthropologists and a wide range of other experts to translate current knowledge into practical advice. The resulting guidelines were designed to help member countries prepare for and manage the risks posed by H7N9.