- Forage production boosts the resilience of pastoralist communities in Ethiopia’s lowlands 25/07/2016
- Seed fairs – from and for the people of South Sudan 07/07/2016
- El-Niño in Zimbabwe: Responding to the Crisis05/07/2016
- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
FAO Emergency consultation - Avian influenza H7N9
In April 2013, some of the world's top scientists gathered at the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) for an emergency consultation on the new avian influenza threat called H7N9.
Animal and public health specialists teamed up with virologists, disease control managers, anthropologists and a wide range of other experts to translate current knowledge into practical advice. The resulting guidelines were designed to help member countries prepare for and manage the risks posed by H7N9.