- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-24 May, 201620/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
FAO's Director of Emergency and Rehabilitation shares his thoughts on the CAR crisis
The deepening crisis in the Central African Republic is devastating people’s ability to support themselves. A United Nations report says immediate support for food and livelihoods is needed to meet what it calls an: “acute and complex emergency”.
The Director of the Food and Agriculture Organization's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division Dominique Burgeon shares his thoughts.