- Food Security Situation in northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen28/04/2017
- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
FAO's Director of Emergency and Rehabilitation shares his thoughts on the CAR crisis
The deepening crisis in the Central African Republic is devastating people’s ability to support themselves. A United Nations report says immediate support for food and livelihoods is needed to meet what it calls an: “acute and complex emergency”.
The Director of the Food and Agriculture Organization's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division Dominique Burgeon shares his thoughts.