- UN Agencies and the Seed Protection initiative in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- FAO's work on protecting, saving & restoring agricultural livelihoods23/05/2016
- World Humanitarian Summit, Istanbul, Turkey, 23-24 May, 201620/05/2016
- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
South Sudan faces food security crisis
South Sudan is facing one of the worst food crises in recent history with experts predicting some parts of the country could face famine by next year. According to the UN's food and agricultural agency South Sudan needs 1.3 million tons of food but only produces 900,000. And with fighting contunuing between government and rebel forces, aid agencies are concerned the food security situation could get worse.