- New drought risks in Ethiopia put recovery at stake17/01/2017
- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
- FAO in Emergencies 2016 Year in Review21/12/2016
- Horn of Africa braces for another hunger season20/12/2016
South Sudan faces food security crisis
South Sudan is facing one of the worst food crises in recent history with experts predicting some parts of the country could face famine by next year. According to the UN's food and agricultural agency South Sudan needs 1.3 million tons of food but only produces 900,000. And with fighting contunuing between government and rebel forces, aid agencies are concerned the food security situation could get worse.