- FAO Senior Economist explains the situation in Yemen and why assistance is needed15/04/2015
- Lebanon transboundary animal diseases08/04/2015
- Uniting Nations, People and Action for Resilience02/04/2015
- FAO Strategic Objective 527/03/2015
- Remarks of H.E. Anthèlme Ramparany, Madagascar's Minister for Livestock25/03/2015
Control of the locust plague in Madagascar (March 2014)
Locust swarms are threatening the livelihoods and food security of 13 million people in Madagascar. That's about 60% of the island's population. Our report explores the root causes of the problem and examines what is needed to resolve it.