- FAO’s response to Nepal earthquakes04/05/2016
- Ethiopia's farmers urgently need seed to withstand El Niño drought impacts, feed the country29/04/2016
- Food security in North Korea is expected to deteriorate27/04/2016
- Drones in disaster risk reduction efforts for the agriculture sector25/04/2016
- Potentially dangerous desert locust outbreak in Yemen12/04/2016
Control of the locust plague in Madagascar (March 2014)
Locust swarms are threatening the livelihoods and food security of 13 million people in Madagascar. That's about 60% of the island's population. Our report explores the root causes of the problem and examines what is needed to resolve it.