- FAO providing fishing kits to tackle malnutrition and hunger in famine-hit Unity State - South Sudan19/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for critical investments in agriculture in Lake Chad Basin11/04/2017
- Syria: new FAO report presents assessment of the impact of war on agriculture03/04/2017
- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
Control of the locust plague in Madagascar (March 2014) - Long Version
In Madagascar, locust swarms are threatening the livelihoods and food security of 13 million people. That's about 60% of the island's population. Our report explores the root causes of the problem and examines what is needed to resolve it.