- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- The United States backs FAO efforts to combat global animal disease threats with $87 million21/10/2015
- FAO airlift provides assistance to families in hard-to-reach areas of South Sudan06/10/2015
- Providing alternative livelihoods for coconut farmers after Typhoon Haiyan21/09/2015
- Typhoon Haiyan: FAO’s Emergency Response and Rehabilitation Programme07/08/2015
Control of the locust plague in Madagascar (March 2014) - Long Version
In Madagascar, locust swarms are threatening the livelihoods and food security of 13 million people. That's about 60% of the island's population. Our report explores the root causes of the problem and examines what is needed to resolve it.