- Rebuilding fisher folk’s livelihoods during a complex emergency27/02/2017
- Nigeria hunger crisis deepens, spills over into Lake Chad Basin24/02/2017
- New drought risks in Ethiopia put recovery at stake17/01/2017
- EU and FAO team up to address alarming food insecurity in Yemen11/01/2017
- Iraq irrigation project:Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals near Mosul23/12/2016
Control of the locust plague in Madagascar (March 2014) - Long Version
In Madagascar, locust swarms are threatening the livelihoods and food security of 13 million people. That's about 60% of the island's population. Our report explores the root causes of the problem and examines what is needed to resolve it.