- Famine hits parts of South SudanFeb 2017
- Armyworm problem spreads through AfricaFeb 2017
- TZH 11 - A canal runs through it: cultivating peace in Iraq's breadbasketJan 2017
- Syria food production at all-time lowNov 2016
- Food security of 800,000 Haitians seriously threatened after passage of Hurricane MatthewOct 2016
Connect with us
South Sudan: seed Fair in Morobo
FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April. There are at least 13 seed fairs, during its third year of the initiative, funded by a 500 thousand Euro grant from the French government.
In 2011, there were just eight. The first in 2012 took place in Morobo county, in Central Equatoria state, on the southernmost tip of South Sudan.