- FAO Representative in Yemen elaborates on the situation on the groundApr 2015
- Crisis–stricken farmers need urgent help to plant in the Central African RepublicMar 2015
- Agriculture bears major brunt of disaster impactsMar 2015
- Ebola-ravaged rural communities in Guinea to benefit from new food security initiativesFeb 2015
- FAO warns of deteriorating situation, need to expand resilience effortsFeb 2015
Connect with us
South Sudan: seed Fair in Morobo
FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April. There are at least 13 seed fairs, during its third year of the initiative, funded by a 500 thousand Euro grant from the French government.
In 2011, there were just eight. The first in 2012 took place in Morobo county, in Central Equatoria state, on the southernmost tip of South Sudan.