- FAO calls for $8 million to help farmers in NepalApr 2015
- Expected sharp fall in Southern African maize production raises food security concernsApr 2015
- FAO Representative in Yemen elaborates on the situation on the groundApr 2015
- Crisis–stricken farmers need urgent help to plant in the Central African RepublicMar 2015
- Agriculture bears major brunt of disaster impactsMar 2015
Connect with us
Hurricane Sandy hits an already vulnerable country
Hurricane Sandy hit Haiti last 23 October causing colossal damage to Haiti's crops, land, livestock, fisheries and rural infrastructures. According to FAO and the Government of Haiti $74 million are needed over the next 12 months to help rehabilitate the country's agricultural sector in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.