- FAO assistance to conflict-affected communities in northern Rakhine, MyanmarMay 2016
- Communities recover livelihoods after floods in MyanmarApr 2016
- Producing food in times of crisis: a look inside FAO’s work in emergenciesFeb 2016
- World Radio Day 2016: Radio in times of Emergency and DisasterFeb 2016
- FAO warns of rapidly deteriorating food security in YemenJan 2016
Connect with us
Hurricane Sandy hits an already vulnerable country
Hurricane Sandy hit Haiti last 23 October causing colossal damage to Haiti's crops, land, livestock, fisheries and rural infrastructures. According to FAO and the Government of Haiti $74 million are needed over the next 12 months to help rehabilitate the country's agricultural sector in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.