- Syria food production at all-time lowNov 2016
- Food security of 800,000 Haitians seriously threatened after passage of Hurricane MatthewOct 2016
- Race against time in drought ravaged Southern AfricaJul 2016
- El Niño and La Niña: Impacts, Prospects and Priorities for ActionJul 2016
- UN agencies provide seeds, tools and food to break hunger cycle in the Central African RepublicMay 2016
Connect with us
Hurricane Sandy hits an already vulnerable country
Hurricane Sandy hit Haiti last 23 October causing colossal damage to Haiti's crops, land, livestock, fisheries and rural infrastructures. According to FAO and the Government of Haiti $74 million are needed over the next 12 months to help rehabilitate the country's agricultural sector in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.