- FAO warns of rapidly deteriorating food security in YemenJan 2016
- FAO presents $50 million emergency plan as Ethiopia faces worst drought in 30 yearsJan 2016
- FAO South Sudan on Radio Miraya's Breakfast ShowAug 2015
- Syria: Better rains improve wheat production, but food security situation remains bleakJul 2015
- Worries rise over outbreaks of avian flu in West AfricaJul 2015
Connect with us
Hurricane Sandy hits an already vulnerable country
Hurricane Sandy hit Haiti last 23 October causing colossal damage to Haiti's crops, land, livestock, fisheries and rural infrastructures. According to FAO and the Government of Haiti $74 million are needed over the next 12 months to help rehabilitate the country's agricultural sector in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.