- FAO South Sudan on Radio Miraya's Breakfast ShowAug 2015
- Syria: Better rains improve wheat production, but food security situation remains bleakJul 2015
- Worries rise over outbreaks of avian flu in West AfricaJul 2015
- Extremely vulnerable, displaced communities in South Sudan start receiving survival kitsJun 2015
- FAO calls for $8 million to help farmers in NepalApr 2015
Connect with us
FAO answers call for support from the Government of the Philippines
Rural survivors of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines need immediate resources for their land. With only a small window of opportunity to plant and harvest crops, assistance is critical to avoid even more tragedy in the wake of this current disaster.
The Philippine Department of Agriculture requests that FAO support a cash-for-work scheme, which would cover more than 150 000 hectares and some 80 kilometers of communal irrigation canals.