- FAO Representative in Yemen elaborates on the situation on the groundApr 2015
- Crisis–stricken farmers need urgent help to plant in the Central African RepublicMar 2015
- Agriculture bears major brunt of disaster impactsMar 2015
- Ebola-ravaged rural communities in Guinea to benefit from new food security initiativesFeb 2015
- FAO warns of deteriorating situation, need to expand resilience effortsFeb 2015
Connect with us
FAO answers call for support from the Government of the Philippines
Rural survivors of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines need immediate resources for their land. With only a small window of opportunity to plant and harvest crops, assistance is critical to avoid even more tragedy in the wake of this current disaster.
The Philippine Department of Agriculture requests that FAO support a cash-for-work scheme, which would cover more than 150 000 hectares and some 80 kilometers of communal irrigation canals.