- Race against time in drought ravaged Southern AfricaJul 2016
- El Niño and La Niña: Impacts, Prospects and Priorities for ActionJul 2016
- UN agencies provide seeds, tools and food to break hunger cycle in the Central African RepublicMay 2016
- World Humanitarian Summit: boosting the impact of humanitarian responses to food crisesMay 2016
- TZH 07 - Drones, data, food security: How UAVs offer new perspectives on agricultureMay 2016
Connect with us
FAO answers call for support from the Government of the Philippines
Rural survivors of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines need immediate resources for their land. With only a small window of opportunity to plant and harvest crops, assistance is critical to avoid even more tragedy in the wake of this current disaster.
The Philippine Department of Agriculture requests that FAO support a cash-for-work scheme, which would cover more than 150 000 hectares and some 80 kilometers of communal irrigation canals.