- Famine hits parts of South SudanFeb 2017
- Armyworm problem spreads through AfricaFeb 2017
- TZH 11 - A canal runs through it: cultivating peace in Iraq's breadbasketJan 2017
- Syria food production at all-time lowNov 2016
- Food security of 800,000 Haitians seriously threatened after passage of Hurricane MatthewOct 2016
Connect with us
Crisis-hit farmers receive seeds and tools in the Central African Republic
A major operation to distribute seeds and tools has been launched in the Central African Republic to support crisis-hit farming families. This is the largest intervention in the country led by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and its partners.
Sixteen international and national non-governmental organizations are working with FAO to overcome the challenges of inaccessible roads and a deteriorating security situation. Efforts are being made in the hopes of ensuring that farmers receive agricultural kits in time for the next planting season.