- FAO Representative in Yemen elaborates on the situation on the groundApr 2015
- Crisis–stricken farmers need urgent help to plant in the Central African RepublicMar 2015
- Agriculture bears major brunt of disaster impactsMar 2015
- Ebola-ravaged rural communities in Guinea to benefit from new food security initiativesFeb 2015
- FAO warns of deteriorating situation, need to expand resilience effortsFeb 2015
Connect with us
Crisis-hit farmers receive seeds and tools in the Central African Republic
A major operation to distribute seeds and tools has been launched in the Central African Republic to support crisis-hit farming families. This is the largest intervention in the country led by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and its partners.
Sixteen international and national non-governmental organizations are working with FAO to overcome the challenges of inaccessible roads and a deteriorating security situation. Efforts are being made in the hopes of ensuring that farmers receive agricultural kits in time for the next planting season.