- The needs of the communities in order to recover after the floodsApr 2016
- Producing food in times of crisis: a look inside FAO’s work in emergenciesFeb 2016
- World Radio Day 2016: Radio in times of Emergency and DisasterFeb 2016
- FAO warns of rapidly deteriorating food security in YemenJan 2016
- FAO presents $50 million emergency plan as Ethiopia faces worst drought in 30 yearsJan 2016
Connect with us
Crisis-hit farmers receive seeds and tools in the Central African Republic
A major operation to distribute seeds and tools has been launched in the Central African Republic to support crisis-hit farming families. This is the largest intervention in the country led by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and its partners.
Sixteen international and national non-governmental organizations are working with FAO to overcome the challenges of inaccessible roads and a deteriorating security situation. Efforts are being made in the hopes of ensuring that farmers receive agricultural kits in time for the next planting season.