- Race against time in drought ravaged Southern AfricaJul 2016
- El Niño and La Niña: Impacts, Prospects and Priorities for ActionJul 2016
- UN agencies provide seeds, tools and food to break hunger cycle in the Central African RepublicMay 2016
- World Humanitarian Summit: boosting the impact of humanitarian responses to food crisesMay 2016
- TZH 07 - Drones, data, food security: How UAVs offer new perspectives on agricultureMay 2016
Connect with us
Crisis-hit farmers receive seeds and tools in the Central African Republic
A major operation to distribute seeds and tools has been launched in the Central African Republic to support crisis-hit farming families. This is the largest intervention in the country led by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and its partners.
Sixteen international and national non-governmental organizations are working with FAO to overcome the challenges of inaccessible roads and a deteriorating security situation. Efforts are being made in the hopes of ensuring that farmers receive agricultural kits in time for the next planting season.