- FAO calls for $8 million to help farmers in NepalApr 2015
- Expected sharp fall in Southern African maize production raises food security concernsApr 2015
- FAO Representative in Yemen elaborates on the situation on the groundApr 2015
- Crisis–stricken farmers need urgent help to plant in the Central African RepublicMar 2015
- Agriculture bears major brunt of disaster impactsMar 2015
Connect with us
More funds needed to tackle growing food insecurity in the Sahel
The United Nations are calling on the international donor community to renew a commitment to fight food insecurity. Increased efforts need to be boosted in the Sahel in order to strengthen the livelihoods and enhance the resilience of poor and very poor households in the affected areas.