- FAO South Sudan on Radio Miraya's Breakfast ShowAug 2015
- Syria: Better rains improve wheat production, but food security situation remains bleakJul 2015
- Worries rise over outbreaks of avian flu in West AfricaJul 2015
- Extremely vulnerable, displaced communities in South Sudan start receiving survival kitsJun 2015
- FAO calls for $8 million to help farmers in NepalApr 2015
Connect with us
Gaza farms devastated by fighting - Interview with Ciro Fiorillo on BBC Radio 4
The conflict in Gaza has caused serious damage to crops, herds and fishing as well as greenhouses and irrigation systems, severely affecting agriculture-based livelihoods and bringing food production to a halt.
Virtually the entire local population of about 1.8 million is dependent on food aid and significant long-term help would be needed for local farms to recover.