- UN agencies provide seeds, tools and food to break hunger cycle in the Central African RepublicMay 2016
- World Humanitarian Summit: boosting the impact of humanitarian responses to food crisesMay 2016
- TZH 07 - Drones, data, food security: How UAVs offer new perspectives on agricultureMay 2016
- FAO assistance to conflict-affected communities in northern Rakhine, MyanmarMay 2016
- Communities recover livelihoods after floods in MyanmarApr 2016
Connect with us
Gaza farms devastated by fighting - Interview with Ciro Fiorillo on BBC Radio 4
The conflict in Gaza has caused serious damage to crops, herds and fishing as well as greenhouses and irrigation systems, severely affecting agriculture-based livelihoods and bringing food production to a halt.
Virtually the entire local population of about 1.8 million is dependent on food aid and significant long-term help would be needed for local farms to recover.