- Syria food production at all-time lowNov 2016
- Food security of 800,000 Haitians seriously threatened after passage of Hurricane MatthewOct 2016
- Race against time in drought ravaged Southern AfricaJul 2016
- El Niño and La Niña: Impacts, Prospects and Priorities for ActionJul 2016
- UN agencies provide seeds, tools and food to break hunger cycle in the Central African RepublicMay 2016
Connect with us
Gaza farms devastated by fighting - Interview with Ciro Fiorillo on BBC Radio 4
The conflict in Gaza has caused serious damage to crops, herds and fishing as well as greenhouses and irrigation systems, severely affecting agriculture-based livelihoods and bringing food production to a halt.
Virtually the entire local population of about 1.8 million is dependent on food aid and significant long-term help would be needed for local farms to recover.