- The needs of the communities in order to recover after the floodsApr 2016
- Producing food in times of crisis: a look inside FAO’s work in emergenciesFeb 2016
- World Radio Day 2016: Radio in times of Emergency and DisasterFeb 2016
- FAO warns of rapidly deteriorating food security in YemenJan 2016
- FAO presents $50 million emergency plan as Ethiopia faces worst drought in 30 yearsJan 2016
Connect with us
Gaza farms devastated by fighting - Interview with Ciro Fiorillo on BBC Radio 4
The conflict in Gaza has caused serious damage to crops, herds and fishing as well as greenhouses and irrigation systems, severely affecting agriculture-based livelihoods and bringing food production to a halt.
Virtually the entire local population of about 1.8 million is dependent on food aid and significant long-term help would be needed for local farms to recover.