- Famine hits parts of South SudanFeb 2017
- Armyworm problem spreads through AfricaFeb 2017
- TZH 11 - A canal runs through it: cultivating peace in Iraq's breadbasketJan 2017
- Syria food production at all-time lowNov 2016
- Food security of 800,000 Haitians seriously threatened after passage of Hurricane MatthewOct 2016
Connect with us
Famine hits parts of South Sudan
Famine has officially been declared by the South Sudanese government for some parts of the country. The UN is warning that areas hardest hit by war and a collapsing economy have left about 100,000 people facing starvation and a further 1 million people classified as being on the brink of famine. To elaborate more on the situation is Luca Russo, a senior strategic advisor on resilience with the UN's Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome.