- Syria: Better rains improve wheat production, but food security situation remains bleakJul 2015
- Worries rise over outbreaks of avian flu in West AfricaJul 2015
- Extremely vulnerable, displaced communities in South Sudan start receiving survival kitsJun 2015
- FAO calls for $8 million to help farmers in NepalApr 2015
- Expected sharp fall in Southern African maize production raises food security concernsApr 2015
Connect with us
South Sudan: the challenge of going home
At a seed fair supported by the FAO, in Rumbek, the windy capital of Lakes state, in South Sudan, James Kon has been given vouchers to exchange for seeds. He says it’s a life-saving initiative. James has struggled for more than a year to provide his family of 9 with shelter and food.