- The needs of the communities in order to recover after the floodsApr 2016
- Producing food in times of crisis: a look inside FAO’s work in emergenciesFeb 2016
- World Radio Day 2016: Radio in times of Emergency and DisasterFeb 2016
- FAO warns of rapidly deteriorating food security in YemenJan 2016
- FAO presents $50 million emergency plan as Ethiopia faces worst drought in 30 yearsJan 2016
Connect with us
South Sudan: seed Fair in Morobo
FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April. There are at least 13 seed fairs, during its third year of the initiative, funded by a 500 thousand Euro grant from the French government.
In 2011, there were just eight. The first in 2012 took place in Morobo county, in Central Equatoria state, on the southernmost tip of South Sudan.