- UN agencies provide seeds, tools and food to break hunger cycle in the Central African RepublicMay 2016
- World Humanitarian Summit: boosting the impact of humanitarian responses to food crisesMay 2016
- FAO assistance to conflict-affected communities in northern Rakhine, MyanmarMay 2016
- Communities recover livelihoods after floods in MyanmarApr 2016
- Producing food in times of crisis: a look inside FAO’s work in emergenciesFeb 2016
Connect with us
South Sudan: seed Fair in Morobo
FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April. There are at least 13 seed fairs, during its third year of the initiative, funded by a 500 thousand Euro grant from the French government.
In 2011, there were just eight. The first in 2012 took place in Morobo county, in Central Equatoria state, on the southernmost tip of South Sudan.