- Featured Stories
FAO and DA take agriculture disaster risk reduction to the next level
Restoring livelihoods of typhoon-hit farmers in Central Luzon
Pikit farmers acquire livelihood and disaster risk reduction skills
Regional food security initiatives gain momentum in the Philippines
Fisheries Improvement Plans adopted by 11 coastal communities
FAO’s Typhoon Haiyan experience: Building back better means ...read more
Durant la 1ère décade de janvier 2016, selon les relevés du Centre national antiacridien et au regard des besoins du Criquet migrateur malgache solitaire, la pluviosité était faible à moyenne dans l’Aire de multiplication initiale et l’Aire transitoire de multiplication, sauf dans le sud de l'Aire transitoire de multiplication Centre. ...read more
With a projected population of about 11.8 million people in mid-2016, the overall cereal deficit in January-December 2016 marketing year is estimated at about 380 000 tonnes, over 130 000 tonnes (54 percent) more than the deficit estimated for 2015.
In late 2015, 49 percent of South Sudan’s population was food ...read more
- The flooding and devastation caused in Myanmar by Cyclone Komen in July-August last year has exacerbated food insecurity for poor rural communities living in Myanmar’s hardest-hit regions and highlighted their vulnerability to withstand similar emergencies in the future.
An assessment mission conducted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN ...read more
- Keys points:
Continued deterioration of the food situation of displaced populations in the Lake Chad basin.
Increased number of displaced people in Nigeria and Mali.
Continuation of the recession and off-season crops activities in most areas of the region.
Cereal supplies are deemed generally satisfactory in the region.
- Hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition
As the international community transitions from the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the challenges ahead of Member States is to build on the substantial progress made in reducing poverty and hunger by 2015. A total of 72 countries out of 129 ...read more
- FAO’s Rapid Results Drought Response Plan is a time-sensitive call for funds. It responds to the most pressing food security and livelihood needs of people severely affected by poor rains and drought conditions in parts of Somaliland and Puntland. The Plan focuses on short-term tangible results that need to be ...read more
- The 21st century faces multiple and complex challenges. The new 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda galvanizes and commits the International community to act together to surmount them and trasform our world for today's and future generations.
- The vast majority of those affected by conflict situations are those dependent on rural livelihoods, most of whom prefer to remain neutral but often have no choice but to join of flee in order to eat.
- Madagascar connaît, depuis 2012, une invasion du Criquet migrateur malgache, Locusta migratoria capito (Saussure, 1884), qui menace dangereusement les productions agropastorales. Afin de répondre à cette invasion acridienne et assurer la mobilisation des ressources, une requête d’assistance technique et financière a été soumise par le Ministère de l’agriculture malgache à ...read more