- Dans ce numéro :
Nouvel Objectif Stratégique 5 de la FAO
Réduction des Risques de Catastrophe et agriculture
Situation toujours précaire au Sahel
Un projet innovant pour la résilience
La FAO soutient la production agricole au Libéria
- The regional consultation of the regional information system for Food Crisis Prevention and Management (PREGEC) in the Sahel and West Africa on the agricultural and food outlook was held from 17 to 19 September 2013 in Niamey, Niger.
- Madagascar is prone to natural disasters, including drought, flooding, cyclones and locust crises. The current locust plague began in April 2012, following a twoyear upsurge that was not addressed owing to insufficient means. Given the extent of the plague, as well Madagascar’s high rates of food insecurity and malnutrition, the ...read more
- Inside this issue:
Chinese foxtail millet shows promising results
Cereal Banks – a weapon in the fight against food scarcity in Karamoja
Planting trees offers multiple benefits to agro pastoralists
FAO and districts agree on Climate change project
Hunger costs Uganda Ugs 1.8 trillion per year
- Madagascar has been facing a plague of the Malagasy Migratory Locust since April 2012 that threatens the livelihoods of vulnerable rural populations in the country. Given the current threat to food security, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) conducted a mission to assess the actual and ...read more
- These guidelines are for use in post emergency damage and needs assessment, and provide advice and a structure for assessing the requirements of relief and rehabilitation relating directly to fisheries and aquaculture. The guidelines are divided into two main sections:
General Guidelines - which provide an introduction to the work of ...read more
After a late start, rains have allowed crops to develop
Prices remain high in the Sahel particularly in Niger, Nigeria, Benin, Mali and Burkina Faso
The lean season continues, and the poorest households face difficulties accessing adequate food
The Sahel crisis, with more than 11 million food insecure persons, has entered its peak with the lean season when poor households’ food stocks are exhausted and people face food shortages and high food prices until the next harvest.
The food security situation in northern Mali, northern Nigeria and neighbouring countries, ...read more
- Since April 2012, Madagascar has been facing a plague of the Malagasy Migratory Locust, that threatens the livelihoods of 13 million people in the country, nine million of whom earn a living from agriculture.
• Two-thirds of the country could be infested by September 2013. Findings from a damage assessment conducted in May 2013 indicate ...read more