Autoridades de la Región Loreto participaron en Taller de Presentación del Proyecto implementado por la FAO en las provincias de Maynas y Requena
Comunidades de Contamanillo y San Vicente recibieron la visita de funcionarios de la FAO y el Municipio Provincial de Requena
- As a follow up to the Detailed Livelihood Assessment (DLA), the Pakistan Food Security Cluster conducted a Livelihood Recovery Appraisal (LRA) which looked at households in Sindh and Balochistan affected by flooding in 2010 and/or 2011.
The LRA focuses on three groups of flood-affected households or “flood cohorts”: 1) households affected ...read more
- Madagascar is currently facing a locust plague that could affect the livelihoods and food and nutrition security of 13 million people. The current Malagasy Migratory Locust plague started in April 2012 and will have a dramatic impact on agricultural production and the availability of pasture resources for livestock. Rice, and ...read more
- In November 2010, Côte d’Ivoire held presidential elections – a long awaited democratic step anticipated by political forces - since the war in 2002. The Independent Electoral Commission (CEI) and the international community accepted the results in December 2010, but violence spiraled, including in the border region with Liberia. This ...read more
- The Technical Cooperation project “Improving Nutrition and Food Security in the most vulnerable communities of Gedo, Bay and Bakool Regions” was formulated as an emergency response to the poor nutrition and food security situation in Somalia in 2002. The objective of the project was to improve the nutritional status of ...read more
- In response to the needs of the populations affected by the floods in Cambodia in August 2011, FAO and its partner Cambodia Organization for Women Support (COWS) designed an intervention aimed at ensuring food and nutrition security and allow flood-affected communities to re-establish their previous livelihoods.
The project entitled “Emergency agricultural ...read more
Despite good agricultural production in 2012 and good conditions for pastoralists, the situation in the Sahel remains critical, mostly due to the impact of the 2012 crisis (food insecurity, floods and Mali conflict) as well as previous recent crises. Approximately 10.3 million people remain food insecure in 2013 and over ...read more