- This is a an analysis drawn from the West Bank and Gaza Strip midterm review of its Plan of Action.
This document contains the analysis of the data gained through more than 300 household surveys and 8 focus group discussions held across the West Bank and Gaza Strip. The data was ...read more
- Following is a synthesis of the feedback provided by FAO project participants in Cambodia and WBGS with regard to FAO’s accountability to affected populations (AAP) and how the quality of FAO’s service provision could be improved from their perspective.
The analyses were conducted with different methodologies, but with the same analytic ...read more
- Key Points
Preparation for the 2012-2013 growing season: low donor response to the agricultural sector and humanitarian appeals in the region
Crisis in Mali: household food security and situation of refugees and IDPs
Grain prices in the Sahel: downward trend or stability in Burkina Faso and increases in Mali and the Niger
- Billions of dollars could be saved by stepping up prevention and control of high impact animal diseases, plant pests and diseases and food safety incidents, some of which pose a direct or indirect threat to human health and the environment.
These threats invariably impact negatively people’s livelihoods, food security and economic ...read more
- Countries of the West Africa and Sahel sub-region are regularly affected by crises that jeopardize the livelihoods and food and nutritional security of the populations. In 2012, more than 18 million people are at risk of food insecurity in the Sahel. In Mali and in the neighboring countries, the displacements ...read more
- Welcome to FAO Sudan’s May newsletter. This edition focuses on the results of a new household food security resilience study commissioned by FAO’s SIFSIA project, and our work in Darfur helping vulnerable IDP camp residents look after their goats and donkeys, amongst other topics. Despite the prevailing difficult situation, it ...read more
- The Republic of Malawi is among the poorest countries in the world. The country is frequently hit by disasters, with many people affected by shocks such as dry spells, flooding, crop and livestock diseases, high input prices, and unstable markets. These often result in the loss of lives, assets and ...read more
In Mali, the food situation, already critical before the taking of the North by the rebellion, remains very uncertain
Risk of deterioration to extreme food insecurity in Chad and Mauritania by June if no proper or sufficient re-sponse is provided
Grain prices increased in Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger and Chad
The pastoral situation ...read more
- In October/November 2011, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) issued an alert in response to the food and nutrition crisis emerging in the Sahel. FAO, in support of national governments, and in collaboration with other humanitarian agencies operating in West ...read more