- FAO’s interventions in the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea have helped to establish sustainable and improved working methods across many sectors. However, financial support for the double cropping programme is only assured until early 2008. The projects in 2007 supported the transition from emergency relief to long-term recovery programming ...read more
- El pasado 4 de Septiembre, la Región Autónoma del Atlántico Norte (RAAN) fué arrasada por el Huracán Félix, que para muchos pobladores éra, sólo, una tormenta o tal vez “una llena más” de las que comúnmente enfrentaban, sin embargo en pocas horas todo quedó arrasado.
Tres días después del desastre, FAO ...read more
- If you take part in the “FAO’s role and effectiveness in emergencies” training workshop, this handbook is your reference manual to guide you in three ways:
Reading and reference information as you prepare for the workshop
Reference information for use during the workshop simulations
Use after the workshop as a reference manual
For those ...read more
- Early on, FAO identified land as central to problems throughout Sudan and took the initiative to create the Sudan Land Programme. By pulling together land-focused sub-components of different emergency projects, it was able to implement highly successful activities to support the transition from emergency to development programming. Now, FAO seeks ...read more
- The Dinas Kelautan dan Perikanan (DKP) of Nanggroe Aceh Darussalam (NAD) Province, with technical support from the FAO of the UN and the financial support of the American Red Cross, is implementing Project OSRO/INS/601/ARC for the “Rehabilitation and sustainable development of marine fisheries and aquaculture affected by the tsunami in Aceh Province, Indonesia”.
The project is working to ...read more
- The WCDR was held from 18 to 22 January 2005 in Kobe, Hyogo, Japan, and adopted the present Framework for Action 2005-2015: Building the Resilience of Nations and Communities to Disasters.
The Conference provided a unique opportunity to promote a strategic and systematic approach to reducing vulnerabilities and risks to hazards. ...read more