- The 2010 monsoon floods affected the lives of over 18 million people and took an enormous toll on the rural poor. Around 80 percent of people in the affected areas depend on agriculture to provide for their families. A large majority lost their immediate and future sources of food and ...read more
- Faut-il inclure le déstockage dans les activités d’urgence ? Comment cibler les bénéficiaires ? Que faire de la viande ? Ces séries de questions que se posaient les partenaires techniques et financiers en pleine crise pastorale étaient le reflet d’un dilemme entre la nécessité d’organiser des opérations d’abattage d’urgence pour ...read more
- L‟Enquête sur la Vulnérabilité Structurelle au Tchad (EVST) réalisée en 2009 a fait apparaitre le rôle prépondérant des échanges et des marchés dans l‟accès alimentaire des ménages. L‟étude, réalisée en mai 2009, démontre que le marché constitue la principale source d‟approvisionnement pour 78% des ménages tchadiens. Cette forte dépendance vis-à-vis ...read more
- The overwhelming majority of people living with HIV and dying of AIDS are the rural poor of developing countries, and among them women figure disproportionately. This is particularly true in Eastern and Central Africa where the cumulative impact of many years of political crises, conflicts and displacements have disrupted the ...read more
FAO’s immediate earthquake response in Haiti concentrated on support to 1) the affected population in rural areas to resume their livelihoods, 2) the integration and resettlement of the displaced population and 3) emergency food security interventions (particularly input distribution during the spring and summer planting seasons), food security assessments, coordination ...read more
- FAO's mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy. The activities of the FAO Zimbabwe are performed by the Regular Programme and by the Emergency Rehabilitation & Coordination Unit (ERCU).
The Regular Programme focuses ...read more
- Agriculture provides a livelihood to 80 percent of the flood-affected population in Pakistan. Extensive damage was caused to all subsectors (crops, livestock, fisheries, forestry). It is vital to ensure crop production is resumed by as many farmers as possible through winter (Rabi) and into spring (Kharif) planting.
FAO’s flood response programme ...read more
- Analysis of food insecurity has undoubtedly improved in recent years. However, the extent to which improved analysis has been translated into more appropriate and justified responses to food security problems is unclear. This is due to the fact that the area of response analysis – the link between situation analysis ...read more
- Agriculture provides a livelihood to 80 percent of the flood-affected population in Pakistan. FAO is supporting Government-led efforts to rapidly restore agricultural production and livelihoods affected by the floods. To date, FAO has received USD 45.5 million in donor contributions within the framework of the Revised Pakistan Floods Emergency Response ...read more