- Controlling fruit fly pest by releasing sterile male insects22/05/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine (in FRENCH)21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D07 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)20/05/2015
- The Impact of Natural Hazards and Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security and Nutrition - Updated May 201517/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake - Executive brief 15 May 201515/05/2015
Connect with us
2012 Strategic document: Response plan addressing the food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
The “Response Plan for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel”, is an updated version of the strategy on “Preparedness for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel and affected neighbouring Countries”, just recently launched in Dakar on 15 December 2011.
The updated version emphasizes the needs and the response. It takes into account the most recent food security and nutrition assessments conducted in the Sahel and neighboring countries.
It provides detailed data on needs by country, for a total of US$ 725 million, including $ 481 million for food security activities and $ 243.6 million for nutrition projects.
As examples, more than US$ 76.7 million will be needed throughout the Sahel to support activities in the field of agriculture, cattle breeding and livelihoods, including $ 75,4 million for FAO’s response.
It also gives an overview of humanitarian actors presence and activities in the different Sahelian countries.