- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Interim report for campaign No.2 (September 2014 - February 2015)01/09/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D18 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)26/08/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D17 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)18/08/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, July 2015 18/08/2015
- South Sudan Livestock Crisis - August 201517/08/2015
Connect with us
2012 Strategic document: Response plan addressing the food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
The “Response Plan for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel”, is an updated version of the strategy on “Preparedness for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel and affected neighbouring Countries”, just recently launched in Dakar on 15 December 2011.
The updated version emphasizes the needs and the response. It takes into account the most recent food security and nutrition assessments conducted in the Sahel and neighboring countries.
It provides detailed data on needs by country, for a total of US$ 725 million, including $ 481 million for food security activities and $ 243.6 million for nutrition projects.
As examples, more than US$ 76.7 million will be needed throughout the Sahel to support activities in the field of agriculture, cattle breeding and livelihoods, including $ 75,4 million for FAO’s response.
It also gives an overview of humanitarian actors presence and activities in the different Sahelian countries.