- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
2012 Strategic document: Response plan addressing the food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
The “Response Plan for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel”, is an updated version of the strategy on “Preparedness for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel and affected neighbouring Countries”, just recently launched in Dakar on 15 December 2011.
The updated version emphasizes the needs and the response. It takes into account the most recent food security and nutrition assessments conducted in the Sahel and neighboring countries.
It provides detailed data on needs by country, for a total of US$ 725 million, including $ 481 million for food security activities and $ 243.6 million for nutrition projects.
As examples, more than US$ 76.7 million will be needed throughout the Sahel to support activities in the field of agriculture, cattle breeding and livelihoods, including $ 75,4 million for FAO’s response.
It also gives an overview of humanitarian actors presence and activities in the different Sahelian countries.