- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 27 November 201527/11/2015
- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, October 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin N. 23 - August-September 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- FAO Mali - Information bulletin November 2015 (in FRENCH)24/11/2015
Connect with us
2012 Strategic document: Response plan addressing the food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
The “Response Plan for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel”, is an updated version of the strategy on “Preparedness for a food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel and affected neighbouring Countries”, just recently launched in Dakar on 15 December 2011.
The updated version emphasizes the needs and the response. It takes into account the most recent food security and nutrition assessments conducted in the Sahel and neighboring countries.
It provides detailed data on needs by country, for a total of US$ 725 million, including $ 481 million for food security activities and $ 243.6 million for nutrition projects.
As examples, more than US$ 76.7 million will be needed throughout the Sahel to support activities in the field of agriculture, cattle breeding and livelihoods, including $ 75,4 million for FAO’s response.
It also gives an overview of humanitarian actors presence and activities in the different Sahelian countries.