- South Sudan - Situation report 20 July 201628/07/2016
- Monitoring food security in countries with conflict situations: A joint FAO/WFP update for the United Nations Security Council (July 2016)28/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
Connect with us
AAP Fact Sheet Committment 4: Commitment Participation and Representation
Participation provides the basis for dialogue with people affected by a crisis on what is needed and how it might best be provided. It can help to improve the appropriateness of the humanitarian response by, for example, identifying priority needs, and by ensuring that local capacities are taken into account.
In addition, participation can be seen as a transformational intervention in the provision of aid, with a longer term aim to develop the capacity of both communities and aid providers to close protection gaps and build resilience against future emergencies.