- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 201728/03/2017
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Final report for campaign No.3 (September 2015 – July 2016) (IN FRENCH)28/03/2017
- Famine response and prevention in Northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen27/03/2017
- Ethiopia - Drought response plan and priorities in 201723/03/2017
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 16 March 201716/03/2017
Connect with us
AAP Fact Sheet Committment 4: Commitment Participation and Representation
Participation provides the basis for dialogue with people affected by a crisis on what is needed and how it might best be provided. It can help to improve the appropriateness of the humanitarian response by, for example, identifying priority needs, and by ensuring that local capacities are taken into account.
In addition, participation can be seen as a transformational intervention in the provision of aid, with a longer term aim to develop the capacity of both communities and aid providers to close protection gaps and build resilience against future emergencies.