- FAO - Belgium humanitarian partnership (in FRENCH)05/12/2016
- Burundi - Situation report December 201602/12/2016
- Ethiopia - Situation report November 201630/11/2016
- Northeast Nigeria - Situation report October/November 201624/11/2016
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 22 November 201622/11/2016
Connect with us
AAP Fact Sheet Committment 4: Commitment Participation and Representation
Participation provides the basis for dialogue with people affected by a crisis on what is needed and how it might best be provided. It can help to improve the appropriateness of the humanitarian response by, for example, identifying priority needs, and by ensuring that local capacities are taken into account.
In addition, participation can be seen as a transformational intervention in the provision of aid, with a longer term aim to develop the capacity of both communities and aid providers to close protection gaps and build resilience against future emergencies.