- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 31 July 201531/07/2015
- South Sudan Crop Watch - July 2015 31/07/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Update: May 2012
Dry conditions have generally eased in many parts of the Greater Horn of Africa following the onset of rains in parts of Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda. However, significant rainfall deficits remain in some parts of the subregion and are likely to affect crop production in eastern Kenya, southern Somalia, southern Ethiopia and southern parts of South Sudan. Northern parts of South Sudan and Sudan, remain seasonally dry and do not expect rain until June.
The ongoing recovery from the severe 2011 drought in Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya; below-normal start to the 2012 rains in many parts of the Greater Horn; the impacts of conflict in Sudan, South Sudan and southern Somalia; and rising food prices in the region, imply that food insecurity is likely to persist for months.