- Situation alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l’Ouest (in FRENCH)29/03/2017
- Situation de la sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l'Ouest (in FRENCH)29/03/2017
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 201728/03/2017
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Final report for campaign No.3 (September 2015 – July 2016) (IN FRENCH)28/03/2017
- Famine response and prevention in Northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen27/03/2017
Connect with us
Pakistan Floods 2011 - Executive Brief 24 January 2012
- Heavy monsoon rains beginning in mid-August led to severe flooding in Sindh and Balochistan provinces of southern Pakistan, where 70 percent of people depend on agriculture for their livelihood.
‐ Around 10 percent of the flood-affected area remains inundated.
‐ The floods left 3 million people in urgent need of agricultural support to resume farming activities – their main source of food and income. Around 35 percent of the affected population was also struck by
floods in 2010.
‐ Pakistan Floods Rapid Response Plan 2011: launched 18 September to meet immediate needs in the food security, WASH, health and shelter sectors. FAO appealed for USD 18.9 million within the Plan and is coleading the Food Security Cluster with the World Food Programme (WFP).