- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 21 july 201521/07/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June 2015 (in FRENCH)13/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 9 July 201513/07/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D14 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)09/07/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Post Disaster Needs Assessment Executive Summary06/07/2015
Connect with us
Accountability to affected populations in Syria
FAO has not traditionally had extensive operations in Syria, and is therefore not well embedded across the agricultural sector, aside from at a more governmental and diplomatic level.
Consequently, there is not the same level of intimate knowledge and expertise as to the complex and interacting factors that will influence outcomes, and not the in depth understanding of the local cultural and social context, beyond the facts outlined in the needs assessment and a limited number of in-house Syria experts.