- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 27 November 201527/11/2015
- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, October 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin N. 23 - August-September 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- FAO Mali - Information bulletin November 2015 (in FRENCH)24/11/2015
Connect with us
Accountability to affected populations in Syria
FAO has not traditionally had extensive operations in Syria, and is therefore not well embedded across the agricultural sector, aside from at a more governmental and diplomatic level.
Consequently, there is not the same level of intimate knowledge and expertise as to the complex and interacting factors that will influence outcomes, and not the in depth understanding of the local cultural and social context, beyond the facts outlined in the needs assessment and a limited number of in-house Syria experts.