- Transcending humanitarian-development divides - Changing people’s lives: from delivering aid to ending need24/05/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 23 May 201623/05/2016
- FAO Position Paper - The World Humanitarian Summit16/05/2016
- Social protection in protracted crises, humanitarian and fragile contexts14/05/2016
- Increasing the Resilience of Agricultural Livelihoods13/05/2016
Connect with us
Plan of Action for North Sudan
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) aims to strengthen livelihoods and increase household and community resilience before disasters through measures to avoid (prevention) or limit (mitigation) the adverse effects of hazards and provide timely and reliable hazard forecasts and early warning for early action (preparedness).
FAO focuses on saving lives, and restoring livelihoods and property during the emergency response phase.
In this Plan of Action (PoA), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) outlines its emergency and rehabilitation programme for North Sudan in 2010–12.