- Northeast Nigeria - Situation Report August 201625/08/2016
- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
Connect with us
Plan of Action for North Sudan
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) aims to strengthen livelihoods and increase household and community resilience before disasters through measures to avoid (prevention) or limit (mitigation) the adverse effects of hazards and provide timely and reliable hazard forecasts and early warning for early action (preparedness).
FAO focuses on saving lives, and restoring livelihoods and property during the emergency response phase.
In this Plan of Action (PoA), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) outlines its emergency and rehabilitation programme for North Sudan in 2010–12.