- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 21 july 201521/07/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June 2015 13/07/2015
Connect with us
Crisis Management Centre - Animal Health: Rapid Response Missions, September 2006 to April 2008
The Crisis Management Centre for Animal Health (CMC-AH) is the lead facility of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) for animal disease emergency response. The CMC-AH unites the extensive technical and operational expertise of FAO’s Animal Health Service and FAO’s Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Division with that of international, national and local partners to provide governments with rapid, coordinated and strategic assistance in response to animal disease emergencies.
With the support of its donors and in collaboration with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) and the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centre provides technical and operational assistance to help affected governments assess situations on the ground and develop immediate solutions to help prevent or stop disease spread. CMC‑AH efforts also represent the first step toward broader assistance. Working to facilitate the transition from immediate, emergency assistance to longer-term support, the CMC‑AH initiates resource mobilization efforts for affected countries and regions.