- Situation alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l’Ouest (in FRENCH)29/03/2017
- Situation de la sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l'Ouest (in FRENCH)29/03/2017
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 201728/03/2017
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Final report for campaign No.3 (September 2015 – July 2016) (IN FRENCH)28/03/2017
- Famine response and prevention in Northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen27/03/2017
Connect with us
Crisis Management Centre - Animal Health: Rapid Response Missions, September 2006 to April 2008
The Crisis Management Centre for Animal Health (CMC-AH) is the lead facility of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) for animal disease emergency response. The CMC-AH unites the extensive technical and operational expertise of FAO’s Animal Health Service and FAO’s Emergency Operations and Rehabilitation Division with that of international, national and local partners to provide governments with rapid, coordinated and strategic assistance in response to animal disease emergencies.
With the support of its donors and in collaboration with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) and the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centre provides technical and operational assistance to help affected governments assess situations on the ground and develop immediate solutions to help prevent or stop disease spread. CMC‑AH efforts also represent the first step toward broader assistance. Working to facilitate the transition from immediate, emergency assistance to longer-term support, the CMC‑AH initiates resource mobilization efforts for affected countries and regions.