- 2015–2016 El Niño - Early action and response for agriculture, food security and nutrition - UPDATE #505/02/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 28 January 201628/01/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D33 - November 2015 (in FRENCH)26/01/2016
- Nepal Joint Assessment on Food Security, Livelihoods and Early Recovery – Final report21/01/2016
- Agriculture based livelihoods assessment of returnee households21/01/2016
Connect with us
FAO Kenya Newsletter: April - June 2012
FAO works closely with the Government of Kenya to help build a food-secure country, free of hunger and malnutrition, where food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all, especially the poorest, in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
Last year, Kenya and other countries in the Horn of Africa suffered through a serious drought while still recovering from the severe drought of 2009. Thanks to timely and generous donor funding, FAO was able to implement a comprehensive and innovative drought response programme. Given recent climatic predictions for poor rains in 2012, FAO and partners will have to redouble their efforts in order to protect the livelihoods of farmers and pastoralists who have yet to recover from last year’s drought.