- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 27 May 201527/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D08 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)26/05/2015
- Controlling fruit fly pest by releasing sterile male insects22/05/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine (in FRENCH)21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D07 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)20/05/2015
Connect with us
FAO Kenya Newsletter: April - June 2012
FAO works closely with the Government of Kenya to help build a food-secure country, free of hunger and malnutrition, where food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all, especially the poorest, in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
Last year, Kenya and other countries in the Horn of Africa suffered through a serious drought while still recovering from the severe drought of 2009. Thanks to timely and generous donor funding, FAO was able to implement a comprehensive and innovative drought response programme. Given recent climatic predictions for poor rains in 2012, FAO and partners will have to redouble their efforts in order to protect the livelihoods of farmers and pastoralists who have yet to recover from last year’s drought.