- Lake Chad Basin crisis - Response strategy (2017–2019)21/02/2017
- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
- Food Security and Humanitarian Implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, December 2016—January 201710/02/2017
Connect with us
FAO Kenya Newsletter: April - June 2012
FAO works closely with the Government of Kenya to help build a food-secure country, free of hunger and malnutrition, where food and agriculture contribute to improving the living standards of all, especially the poorest, in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner.
Last year, Kenya and other countries in the Horn of Africa suffered through a serious drought while still recovering from the severe drought of 2009. Thanks to timely and generous donor funding, FAO was able to implement a comprehensive and innovative drought response programme. Given recent climatic predictions for poor rains in 2012, FAO and partners will have to redouble their efforts in order to protect the livelihoods of farmers and pastoralists who have yet to recover from last year’s drought.