- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
FAO Uganda Information Bulletin - Vol. 3 Issue 6, July - September 2010
This issue comes at a time when we are preparing to celebrate World Food Day, which falls on October, 16 every year. This year’s theme is United against Hunger; chosen to recognize efforts made by all actors in the fight against hunger. In this issue, you will read about the theme and why it is important for us to be united in the fight against hunger.
For the first time since 1969, the highest number of hungry people in the world was recorded in 2009. The FAO Director General, Dr. Jacques Diouf referred to it as a “tragic achievement in these modern days”. As a result, he launched an on-line campaign; arguing people to sign a petition against hunger. In this issue, you will read about the petition and the progress that we have made in Uganda.
You will also read about several FAO funded projects in Uganda and news articles about events that have happened between June and October 2010.