- Phased Agricultural Livelihood Needs Assessment Framework and Tools31/08/2016
- Ethiopia - Situation Report August 201630/08/2016
- Northeast Nigeria - Situation Report August 201625/08/2016
- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
Connect with us
FAO Uganda Information Bulletin - Vol. 3 Issue 6, July - September 2010
This issue comes at a time when we are preparing to celebrate World Food Day, which falls on October, 16 every year. This year’s theme is United against Hunger; chosen to recognize efforts made by all actors in the fight against hunger. In this issue, you will read about the theme and why it is important for us to be united in the fight against hunger.
For the first time since 1969, the highest number of hungry people in the world was recorded in 2009. The FAO Director General, Dr. Jacques Diouf referred to it as a “tragic achievement in these modern days”. As a result, he launched an on-line campaign; arguing people to sign a petition against hunger. In this issue, you will read about the petition and the progress that we have made in Uganda.
You will also read about several FAO funded projects in Uganda and news articles about events that have happened between June and October 2010.