- Situation alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l’Ouest (in FRENCH)29/03/2017
- Situation de la sécurité alimentaire et nutritionnelle au Sahel et en Afrique de l'Ouest (in FRENCH)29/03/2017
- Horn of Africa cross-border drought action plan 201728/03/2017
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Final report for campaign No.3 (September 2015 – July 2016) (IN FRENCH)28/03/2017
- Famine response and prevention in Northeastern Nigeria, Somalia, South Sudan and Yemen27/03/2017
Connect with us
Syria Crisis - Executive brief 20 February 2013
- Ongoing conflict has affected more than 4 million people across Syria, including 2 million internally displaced persons. A further 860 000 people have fled to neighbouring countries.
- Agricultural damage and losses are estimated at USD 1.8 billion.
- 4 million people are at risk of food insecurity – indicating a 33 percent increase over the past six months.
- Funding is urgently needed to help farmers and herders sustain their livelihoods and food security base, particularly during winter.
- FAO seeks USD 34.85 million within the 2013 Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan to help 59 200 severely affected farming and herding families safeguard their livelihoods and resume food production.
- Priority FAO interventions include: (i) provision of animal feed and veterinary supplies; (ii) seed provision; and (iii) income generation activities.