- Dry corridor - Situation report June 201629/06/2016
- Recovery and rehabilitation of the dairy sector in Lebanon23/06/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/06/2016
- South Sudan Resilience Strategy 2016–201820/06/2016
- Seed Security Assessments (SSA)17/06/2016
Connect with us
Syria Crisis - Executive brief 20 February 2013
- Ongoing conflict has affected more than 4 million people across Syria, including 2 million internally displaced persons. A further 860 000 people have fled to neighbouring countries.
- Agricultural damage and losses are estimated at USD 1.8 billion.
- 4 million people are at risk of food insecurity – indicating a 33 percent increase over the past six months.
- Funding is urgently needed to help farmers and herders sustain their livelihoods and food security base, particularly during winter.
- FAO seeks USD 34.85 million within the 2013 Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan to help 59 200 severely affected farming and herding families safeguard their livelihoods and resume food production.
- Priority FAO interventions include: (i) provision of animal feed and veterinary supplies; (ii) seed provision; and (iii) income generation activities.