- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D15 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)29/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 29 July 201529/07/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update 22 July 201529/07/2015
- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 21 july 201521/07/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June 2015 13/07/2015
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - July 2012
Welcome to the latest newsletter from the Food and Agriculture Organization’s Sudan office. This month the global theme for World Food Day 2012 was announced: ‘Agricultural cooperatives – key to feeding the world’. The theme highlights the role of cooperatives in improving food security and contributing to the eradication of hunger. The UN General Assembly also designated 2012 the International Year of Cooperatives. In the world today, an estimated one billion people are members of some kind of cooperative. In Sudan, FAO supports small‐scale farmers, displaced people and other vulnerable groups to form cooperatives for cheese-making and other agroprocessing, fishing and handcrafts to share resources and increase their bargaining power and market access. World Food Day is observed on the 16th of October each year – the date marks the anniversary of the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization. We’ll be bringing you more information about World Food Day as it approaches.