- Yemen - Situation report April 201720/04/2017
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report April 201706/04/2017
- FAO China ECTAD Highlights, March 201705/04/2017
- SMS Gateway: Improving animal health through Information and Communication Technologies05/04/2017
- Resilience programme in the Central African Republic (in FRENCH)05/04/2017
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - May 2012
Welcome to FAO Sudan’s May newsletter. This edition focuses on the results of a new household food security resilience study commissioned by FAO’s SIFSIA project, and our work in Darfur helping vulnerable IDP camp residents look after their goats and donkeys, amongst other topics. Despite the prevailing difficult situation, it is worth mentioning that we are beginning to implement a new $US 1.5 million project in South Kordofan and Blue Nile in partnership with the Japan International Cooperation Agency to help IDPs, returnees and other vulnerable groups strengthen their food and nutrition security. Our field offices across Sudan are also supervising farmers’ preparations for the coming planting season. You will find in this newsletter other areas of interest in respect of FAO activities in the country as well.