- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - Jan/Feb 2012
FAO recognizes that the structural solution to hunger lies in improving agricultural productivity in countries prone to food shortages. In Sudan, FAO helps farmers, herders, fishers and other vulnerable groups recover from crisis and improve their food security. FAO also works with all levels of government to prepare for and respond to food and agriculture threats and emergencies.
2012 has already shaped up to be a challenging year for the Food and Livelihoods sector in Sudan. The findings of FAO’s joint Crop and Food Supply Assessment Mission show that a poor 2011/12 harvest is expected in many parts of Sudan. The ongoing fighting in South Kordofan and Blue Nile is also putting a strain on food security.