- Northeastern Nigeria - Situation report January 201719/01/2017
- Improving Food Security and Nutrition in Protracted Crises. Background Note19/01/2017
- Ethiopia - Situation report January 201717/01/2017
- Somalia Rapid Results Drought Response Plan 2016/1716/01/2017
- Iraq - Situation report January 201712/01/2017
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Monthly Newsletter - Jan/Feb 2012
FAO recognizes that the structural solution to hunger lies in improving agricultural productivity in countries prone to food shortages. In Sudan, FAO helps farmers, herders, fishers and other vulnerable groups recover from crisis and improve their food security. FAO also works with all levels of government to prepare for and respond to food and agriculture threats and emergencies.
2012 has already shaped up to be a challenging year for the Food and Livelihoods sector in Sudan. The findings of FAO’s joint Crop and Food Supply Assessment Mission show that a poor 2011/12 harvest is expected in many parts of Sudan. The ongoing fighting in South Kordofan and Blue Nile is also putting a strain on food security.