- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 27 November 201527/11/2015
- The impact of disasters on agriculture and food security26/11/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, October 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin N. 23 - August-September 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- FAO Mali - Information bulletin November 2015 (in FRENCH)24/11/2015
Connect with us
2012 Strategic Document, Version 2: Response plan addressing the food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
In view of the expected nutrition, food and pastoral crises in the Sahel and its neighbouring countries in 2012, this document aims to:
- Strengthen preparedness at the regional level;
- Support the coordination among response actors and facilitate the monitoring of the situation;
- Serve as a reference document if other appeals (i.e. Flash Appeals) are developed by countries in the region;
- Raise awareness among donors, partners and governments in the region on the extent of these crises, their cross-border nature, and the need for early action;
- Facilitate resource mobilization.
This document provides an analysis of the crises that occurred in the Sahel in the last few years. It also advocates for closer coordination between humanitarian, early recovery, and development programmes with a view to breaking the recurring cycle of food and nutrition crises in the Sahel.