- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D04 - February 2015 (in FRENCH)22/04/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D03 - January 2015 (in FRENCH)17/04/2015
- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2014 deployments16/04/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update March/April 201515/04/2015
- FAO against hunger in Madagascar, Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles - Newsletter N. 4 March 2015 (in FRENCH)14/04/2015
Connect with us
2012 Strategic Document, Version 2: Response plan addressing the food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
In view of the expected nutrition, food and pastoral crises in the Sahel and its neighbouring countries in 2012, this document aims to:
- Strengthen preparedness at the regional level;
- Support the coordination among response actors and facilitate the monitoring of the situation;
- Serve as a reference document if other appeals (i.e. Flash Appeals) are developed by countries in the region;
- Raise awareness among donors, partners and governments in the region on the extent of these crises, their cross-border nature, and the need for early action;
- Facilitate resource mobilization.
This document provides an analysis of the crises that occurred in the Sahel in the last few years. It also advocates for closer coordination between humanitarian, early recovery, and development programmes with a view to breaking the recurring cycle of food and nutrition crises in the Sahel.