- Controlling fruit fly pest by releasing sterile male insects22/05/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine (in FRENCH)21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D07 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)20/05/2015
- The Impact of Natural Hazards and Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security and Nutrition - Updated May 201517/05/2015
- Nepal earthquake - Executive brief 15 May 201515/05/2015
Connect with us
2012 Strategic Document, Version 2: Response plan addressing the food and nutrition crisis in the Sahel
In view of the expected nutrition, food and pastoral crises in the Sahel and its neighbouring countries in 2012, this document aims to:
- Strengthen preparedness at the regional level;
- Support the coordination among response actors and facilitate the monitoring of the situation;
- Serve as a reference document if other appeals (i.e. Flash Appeals) are developed by countries in the region;
- Raise awareness among donors, partners and governments in the region on the extent of these crises, their cross-border nature, and the need for early action;
- Facilitate resource mobilization.
This document provides an analysis of the crises that occurred in the Sahel in the last few years. It also advocates for closer coordination between humanitarian, early recovery, and development programmes with a view to breaking the recurring cycle of food and nutrition crises in the Sahel.