- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D04 - February 2015 (in FRENCH)22/04/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D03 - January 2015 (in FRENCH)17/04/2015
- Stand-by partnerships for the provision of experts - Report on 2014 deployments16/04/2015
- South Sudan - Situation update March/April 201515/04/2015
- FAO against hunger in Madagascar, Comoros, Mauritius, Seychelles - Newsletter N. 4 March 2015 (in FRENCH)14/04/2015
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Land Programme: Delicate Balances
Early on, FAO identified land as central to problems throughout Sudan and took the initiative to create the Sudan Land Programme. By pulling together land-focused sub-components of different emergency projects, it was able to implement highly successful activities to support the transition from emergency to development programming. Now, FAO seeks targeted donor support to build on this success. If Sudan is ever to be in a position to concentrate on long-term development, these entrenched land issues must be resolved: competition for access to land and natural resources; insecure tenure arrangements; lost land rights, displacement and eviction; and land and property restitution.