- South Sudan - Situation report 20 July 201628/07/2016
- Monitoring food security in countries with conflict situations: A joint FAO/WFP update for the United Nations Security Council (July 2016)28/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Land Programme: Delicate Balances
Early on, FAO identified land as central to problems throughout Sudan and took the initiative to create the Sudan Land Programme. By pulling together land-focused sub-components of different emergency projects, it was able to implement highly successful activities to support the transition from emergency to development programming. Now, FAO seeks targeted donor support to build on this success. If Sudan is ever to be in a position to concentrate on long-term development, these entrenched land issues must be resolved: competition for access to land and natural resources; insecure tenure arrangements; lost land rights, displacement and eviction; and land and property restitution.