- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D08 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)26/05/2015
- Controlling fruit fly pest by releasing sterile male insects22/05/2015
- Situation de la transhumance et étude socioanthropologique des populations pastorales après la crise de 2013-2014 en République centrafricaine (in FRENCH)21/05/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D07 - March 2015 (in FRENCH)20/05/2015
- The Impact of Natural Hazards and Disasters on Agriculture and Food Security and Nutrition - Updated May 201517/05/2015
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Land Programme: Delicate Balances
Early on, FAO identified land as central to problems throughout Sudan and took the initiative to create the Sudan Land Programme. By pulling together land-focused sub-components of different emergency projects, it was able to implement highly successful activities to support the transition from emergency to development programming. Now, FAO seeks targeted donor support to build on this success. If Sudan is ever to be in a position to concentrate on long-term development, these entrenched land issues must be resolved: competition for access to land and natural resources; insecure tenure arrangements; lost land rights, displacement and eviction; and land and property restitution.