- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, October 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin N. 23 - August-September 2015 (in FRENCH)25/11/2015
- FAO Mali - Information bulletin November 2015 (in FRENCH)24/11/2015
- FAO helps countries prevent and control Rift Valley Fever23/11/2015
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Programme for campaign No.3 (September 2015 to June 2016) (in FRENCH)19/11/2015
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Land Programme: Delicate Balances
Early on, FAO identified land as central to problems throughout Sudan and took the initiative to create the Sudan Land Programme. By pulling together land-focused sub-components of different emergency projects, it was able to implement highly successful activities to support the transition from emergency to development programming. Now, FAO seeks targeted donor support to build on this success. If Sudan is ever to be in a position to concentrate on long-term development, these entrenched land issues must be resolved: competition for access to land and natural resources; insecure tenure arrangements; lost land rights, displacement and eviction; and land and property restitution.