- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Interim report for campaign No.2 (September 2014 - February 2015)01/09/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D18 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)26/08/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D17 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)18/08/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, July 2015 18/08/2015
- South Sudan Livestock Crisis - August 201517/08/2015
Connect with us
FAO Sudan Land Programme: Delicate Balances
Early on, FAO identified land as central to problems throughout Sudan and took the initiative to create the Sudan Land Programme. By pulling together land-focused sub-components of different emergency projects, it was able to implement highly successful activities to support the transition from emergency to development programming. Now, FAO seeks targeted donor support to build on this success. If Sudan is ever to be in a position to concentrate on long-term development, these entrenched land issues must be resolved: competition for access to land and natural resources; insecure tenure arrangements; lost land rights, displacement and eviction; and land and property restitution.