- Ethiopia - Drought response plan and priorities in 201723/03/2017
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 16 March 201716/03/2017
- Somalia - Famine prevention and drought response plan February-July 201714/03/2017
- Yemen - Emergency Livelihoods Response Plan14/03/2017
- South Sudan - Situation report 28 February 201728/02/2017
Connect with us
Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security
The proposal to develop a Response Analysis Framework for food security in emergencies was grounded in the understanding that whilst situation analysis of food security has improved in recent years (through initiatives such as World Food Programme’s (WFP) Strengthening Emergency Needs Assessment Capacity (SENAC) project and the Integrated Phase Classification (IPC)), this has not been systematically translated into more appropriate and justified responses to food security problems.
It was in this context that FAO designed a project entitled “Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security emergencies”. This ECHO funded project had three outputs, the third of which was: “Global understanding of response options analysis improved”. The set of discussion papers contained in the current document, together with the two annexes, responds to this output.