- Ethiopia - Drought response plan and priorities in 201723/03/2017
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Situation report 16 March 201716/03/2017
- Somalia - Famine prevention and drought response plan February-July 201714/03/2017
- Yemen - Emergency Livelihoods Response Plan14/03/2017
- South Sudan - Situation report 28 February 201728/02/2017
Connect with us
Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security Emergencies: Mapping of On-Going Response Analysis Processes
This paper responds to one of the stated activities in the project entitled “Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security Emergencies”. The activity was to undertake a mapping of current response analysis tools, frameworks and processes as a precursor to development of the FAO Response Analysis Framework. During the course of the project various response analysis initiatives were reviewed and consulted, however this review was not written up formally. The current paper is such a review.
The paper is timely as it creates a platform for a more thoroughgoing review of response analysis practices which was mandated in the FAO / WFP interagency response analysis workshop which was held at FAO, Rome on February 8th – 9th 2011. The overarching recommendation of this multi-stakeholder technical workshop was the need for a follow-up study to explore ‘where we are’ in the practice of response analysis. This study would provide the basis for a lessons learned / best practice review to be published in late 2011/early 2012.