- Yemen crisis - Executive brief 21 july 201521/07/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June 2015 (in FRENCH)13/07/2015
- Central African Republic - Situation update 9 July 201513/07/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D14 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)09/07/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Post Disaster Needs Assessment Executive Summary06/07/2015
Connect with us
Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security Emergencies: Mapping of On-Going Response Analysis Processes
This paper responds to one of the stated activities in the project entitled “Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security Emergencies”. The activity was to undertake a mapping of current response analysis tools, frameworks and processes as a precursor to development of the FAO Response Analysis Framework. During the course of the project various response analysis initiatives were reviewed and consulted, however this review was not written up formally. The current paper is such a review.
The paper is timely as it creates a platform for a more thoroughgoing review of response analysis practices which was mandated in the FAO / WFP interagency response analysis workshop which was held at FAO, Rome on February 8th – 9th 2011. The overarching recommendation of this multi-stakeholder technical workshop was the need for a follow-up study to explore ‘where we are’ in the practice of response analysis. This study would provide the basis for a lessons learned / best practice review to be published in late 2011/early 2012.