- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
- Land Tenure Journal themed edition on Disaster Risk Management24/06/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D12 - April 2015 (in FRENCH)22/06/2015
Connect with us
Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security Emergencies: Mapping of On-Going Response Analysis Processes
This paper responds to one of the stated activities in the project entitled “Developing a Response Analysis Framework for Food Security Emergencies”. The activity was to undertake a mapping of current response analysis tools, frameworks and processes as a precursor to development of the FAO Response Analysis Framework. During the course of the project various response analysis initiatives were reviewed and consulted, however this review was not written up formally. The current paper is such a review.
The paper is timely as it creates a platform for a more thoroughgoing review of response analysis practices which was mandated in the FAO / WFP interagency response analysis workshop which was held at FAO, Rome on February 8th – 9th 2011. The overarching recommendation of this multi-stakeholder technical workshop was the need for a follow-up study to explore ‘where we are’ in the practice of response analysis. This study would provide the basis for a lessons learned / best practice review to be published in late 2011/early 2012.