- RIMA-II: Resilience Index Measurement and Analysis - II27/05/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D02 - January 2016 (in FRENCH)26/05/2016
- Situation Update: Locust Crisis in Madagascar - 10 May 201624/05/2016
- Transcending humanitarian-development divides - Changing people’s lives: from delivering aid to ending need24/05/2016
- Nepal earthquakes - Situation report 23 May 201623/05/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 30 September 2011
FAO continues to emphasize the need to work with governments and regional authorities to ensure a comprehensive response to the crisis that encompasses: (i) saving lives and livelihoods; (ii) promoting early recovery; and (iii) supporting sustainable livelihoods and strengthening the resilience of households and the food systems on which they rely.
The benefits of previous investments in food and nutrition security are clearly evident, particularly in areas of Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda, where people traditionally hit by drought have been able to cope without emergency assistance this year.