- South Sudan - Situation report 20 July 201628/07/2016
- Monitoring food security in countries with conflict situations: A joint FAO/WFP update for the United Nations Security Council (July 2016)28/07/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D06 - February 2016 (in FRENCH)26/07/2016
- Southern Africa - El Niño Response Plan 2016/1726/07/2016
- Livestock-related interventions during emergencies18/07/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 30 September 2011
FAO continues to emphasize the need to work with governments and regional authorities to ensure a comprehensive response to the crisis that encompasses: (i) saving lives and livelihoods; (ii) promoting early recovery; and (iii) supporting sustainable livelihoods and strengthening the resilience of households and the food systems on which they rely.
The benefits of previous investments in food and nutrition security are clearly evident, particularly in areas of Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda, where people traditionally hit by drought have been able to cope without emergency assistance this year.