- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D18 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)26/08/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D17 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)18/08/2015
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, July 2015 18/08/2015
- South Sudan Livestock Crisis - August 201517/08/2015
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D16 - June 2015 (in FRENCH)14/08/2015
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 30 September 2011
FAO continues to emphasize the need to work with governments and regional authorities to ensure a comprehensive response to the crisis that encompasses: (i) saving lives and livelihoods; (ii) promoting early recovery; and (iii) supporting sustainable livelihoods and strengthening the resilience of households and the food systems on which they rely.
The benefits of previous investments in food and nutrition security are clearly evident, particularly in areas of Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda, where people traditionally hit by drought have been able to cope without emergency assistance this year.