- Lake Chad Basin crisis - Response strategy (2017–2019)21/02/2017
- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
- Food Security and Humanitarian Implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, December 2016—January 201710/02/2017
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 30 September 2011
FAO continues to emphasize the need to work with governments and regional authorities to ensure a comprehensive response to the crisis that encompasses: (i) saving lives and livelihoods; (ii) promoting early recovery; and (iii) supporting sustainable livelihoods and strengthening the resilience of households and the food systems on which they rely.
The benefits of previous investments in food and nutrition security are clearly evident, particularly in areas of Ethiopia, Kenya and Uganda, where people traditionally hit by drought have been able to cope without emergency assistance this year.