- “El Niño” event in Viet Nam: Agriculture, food security and livelihood need assessment in response to drought and salt water intrusion23/08/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 27 – May 2016 (in FRENCH)23/08/2016
- Food for Peace success story: Confronting El Niño in Somalia22/08/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, June - July 2016 (in FRENCH)22/08/2016
- FAO response to the crisis in northeast Nigeria19/08/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 9 November 2011
Famine conditions persist in southern Somalia where 3 million people face food insecurity and require emergency life saving and livelihood support at scale. Some 750 000 lives remain at risk and conditions are not likely to improve through December 2011 without large scale multi-sectoral humanitarian assistance. With the secondary harvest due in January, predicted to be below average, the scale of the crisis is likely to last well into 2012.
FAO has received USD 84.4 million of the USD 161 million requested in July 2011. A further USD 76.6 million is urgently required.