- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
- Food Security and Humanitarian Implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, December 2016—January 201710/02/2017
- Caisses de résilience in Mali03/02/2017
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 9 November 2011
Famine conditions persist in southern Somalia where 3 million people face food insecurity and require emergency life saving and livelihood support at scale. Some 750 000 lives remain at risk and conditions are not likely to improve through December 2011 without large scale multi-sectoral humanitarian assistance. With the secondary harvest due in January, predicted to be below average, the scale of the crisis is likely to last well into 2012.
FAO has received USD 84.4 million of the USD 161 million requested in July 2011. A further USD 76.6 million is urgently required.