- Ethiopia Situation Report - May 201630/05/2016
- Gender mainstreaming as a key strategy for building resilient livelihoods30/05/2016
- Response to the locust plague in Madagascar: Final report for campaign No.2 (September 2014 - August 2015) (in FRENCH)30/05/2016
- RIMA-II: Resilience Index Measurement and Analysis - II27/05/2016
- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D02 - January 2016 (in FRENCH)26/05/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 9 November 2011
Famine conditions persist in southern Somalia where 3 million people face food insecurity and require emergency life saving and livelihood support at scale. Some 750 000 lives remain at risk and conditions are not likely to improve through December 2011 without large scale multi-sectoral humanitarian assistance. With the secondary harvest due in January, predicted to be below average, the scale of the crisis is likely to last well into 2012.
FAO has received USD 84.4 million of the USD 161 million requested in July 2011. A further USD 76.6 million is urgently required.