- Good to very good crops and pasture production expected for the 2016-2017 cropping season26/09/2016
- Food security and humanitarian implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, August 201626/09/2016
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report September 201623/09/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 29 – July 2016 (in FRENCH)21/09/2016
- Madagascar – Locust Situation bulletin N. 28 – June 2016 (in FRENCH)20/09/2016
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 14 September 2011
Somalia remains in crisis. Areas of southern Somalia affected by famine now include the Bay region, Bakool agropastoral livelihood zone, Lower Shabelle region, agropastoral areas of Balcad and Cadale districts of Middle Shabelle, Afgoye corridor internally displaced person (IDP) settlement and Mogadishu IDP community.
The Somalia Water and Land Information Management (SWALIM) issued its weekly hydro-meteorological update on 12 September 2011 reporting increased water levels along the Juba and Shabelle Rivers. Monitoring of weak river embankments is highly recommended.
FAO’s funding gap currently stands at USD 92.4 million.