- Yemen - Situation report April 201720/04/2017
- Lake Chad Basin - Situation report April 201706/04/2017
- FAO China ECTAD Highlights, March 201705/04/2017
- SMS Gateway: Improving animal health through Information and Communication Technologies05/04/2017
- Resilience programme in the Central African Republic (in FRENCH)05/04/2017
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 14 September 2011
Somalia remains in crisis. Areas of southern Somalia affected by famine now include the Bay region, Bakool agropastoral livelihood zone, Lower Shabelle region, agropastoral areas of Balcad and Cadale districts of Middle Shabelle, Afgoye corridor internally displaced person (IDP) settlement and Mogadishu IDP community.
The Somalia Water and Land Information Management (SWALIM) issued its weekly hydro-meteorological update on 12 September 2011 reporting increased water levels along the Juba and Shabelle Rivers. Monitoring of weak river embankments is highly recommended.
FAO’s funding gap currently stands at USD 92.4 million.