- Lake Chad Basin crisis - Response strategy (2017–2019)21/02/2017
- Évaluation de la troisième campagne antiacridienne 2015/2016 à Madagascar (in FRENCH)17/02/2017
- FAO/IGAD Rapid Cross-border Drought Assessment Results15/02/2017
- Yemen - Situation report February 201710/02/2017
- Food Security and Humanitarian Implications in West Africa and the Sahel - FAO/WFP Joint Note, December 2016—January 201710/02/2017
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 7 September 2011
A total of 4 million people are now in crisis in Somalia and 750 000 are at risk of death in the coming four months. Funding is still significantly below that requested, with FAO’s funding gap for the region at USD 95.8 million. On 5 September 2011, Bay region in Somalia was classified as being in a state of famine by the Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit (FSNAU) and the Famine Early Warning System Network (FEWS NET).