- Madagascar - Locust situation bulletin D13 - May 2015 (in FRENCH)02/07/2015
- Food and nutrition situation at the beginning of the hunger gap period and agricultural outlook in the Sahel and West Africa01/07/2015
- FAO Nepal initial earthquake response: rebuilding resilient agricultural livelihoods29/06/2015
- Nepal Earthquakes - Key findings from the Agricultural Livelihooods Impact Appraisal29/06/2015
- Nepal earthquakes - Executive brief 29 June 201529/06/2015
Connect with us
Horn of Africa Drought - Executive Brief 7 September 2011
A total of 4 million people are now in crisis in Somalia and 750 000 are at risk of death in the coming four months. Funding is still significantly below that requested, with FAO’s funding gap for the region at USD 95.8 million. On 5 September 2011, Bay region in Somalia was classified as being in a state of famine by the Food Security and Nutrition Analysis Unit (FSNAU) and the Famine Early Warning System Network (FEWS NET).